Update Notes | v1.4.7
(Build November 4, 2023)
1. Mesh Update Frequency
- Added option to lower mesh update frequency to make it play like classic animation. (Related page)
- You can make it play below 30 FPS using the Bake dialog, Inspector UI, and Script.
2. Improved Rotoscoping UI
- You can load consecutive image files at once with the same remaining letters in the file name except for the number. (Related page)
- Buttons to sort the order of files are added.
- Rotoscoping images can be flipped left/right/up/down.
3. Replaced default Unlit material
- The “Unlit (v2)” material, which does not have complete lighting, has been added and is used as the default material starting from AnyPortrait v1.4.7. (Related page)
- The existing version of Unlit material is also provided, and can be set using the “Material Library”.
- The name of the existing version of the Unlit material is changed to "Unlit (Legacy)".
4. Added shortcut keys
- A shortcut key has been added to turn “Pose Test” on or off in the Rigging modifier. (T key)
- A shortcut key to “Reset Pose” has been added to the Rigging modifier. (Y key)
- A shortcut key has been added to switch tabs in the mesh group screen. (Shift + 1, 2, 3 keys)
- A shortcut key has been added to open a dialog to search for objects in a mesh group. (Ctrl + F key)
- The code that increases the amount of calculation depending on the number of animation keyframes and control parameter keys has been optimized.
- If the main function that controls apPortrait is called from an external script before initialization is complete, an error log and guidance message will be displayed in the console tab on the editor.
- An issue was discovered where the "Screen Capture Processor v2" added in v1.4.6 does not work only in Unity 2020, so a warning message was changed to be displayed in that editor version. (Related page)
- When adding a keyframe on the animation editing screen, the curve value has been changed to have a default value regardless of the preceding or following keyframes.
- In the timeline UI of the animation editing screen, the brightness of keyframes has been improved to be maintained appropriately even if the background color property of the timeline layer is set to be too dark.
- An execution environment entry has been added to the Readme file.
- The random range of colors by the preset buttons that change the main color has been narrowed and has been changed to be set similar to the color of the preset button.
- In the "Re-Import PSD" dialog, the incorrect path has been changed to be displayed on the UI for invalid paths.
- Improvements have been made to make it easier to find a valid file by opening the directory when trying to reload a file for an invalid path in the "Reimport PSD" dialog.
- An issue is fixed where Jiggle bones and Physics materials would bounce significantly as they were restored from their last playback state when root units are switched in-game.
- An issue is fixed where the clipping mask behaved abnormally when rendering with a perspective camera in URP. (Related page)
- An issue is fixed where "Reimport PSD" failed to load the preview image depending on the image asset format.
- An issue is fixed where, when trying to change the name of a bone using a shortcut key on the bone editing screen, the name would not be changed while the mesh is selected.
- An issue is fixed where the child bone would move to a strange place when disconnecting from the child bone through the UI on the right side of the bone editing screen.
- An issue is fixed where bones would be deselected when clicking on an empty space while holding down the Shift key on the bone editing screen.
- An issue is fixed where a GUI error was displayed in the console tab when a different keyframe was selected while the curve editing UI was displayed on the animation editing screen.
- An issue is fixed where the value set in the keyframe is not applied as a control parameter immediately after switching to the animation editing screen.
- An issue is fixed where the square icons in the animation event UI and rigging UI were in strange positions.
- An issue is fixed where the UI of the physics modifier’s physical material preset dialog was displayed strangely.
- An issue is fixed where a GUI error was displayed in the console tab when a different object was selected on the modifier edit screen.
- An issue is fixed where the animation list was not displayed intermittently in the right UI of the root unit screen immediately after opening the AnyPortrait editor from the Unity menu and opening a character.
AnyPortrait v1.4.7 reflects many of the tool improvement opinions received from users.
In addition to usability improvements, the newly added "Mesh Update Frequency" is a result of users' participation.
As always, we appreciate everyone's feedback.
Also, we are fortunate that no critical bugs have been reported recently.
We will always do our best to provide only positive experiences for you.
While we were preparing this update, we knew that many people were confused by Unity's pricing policy announcement.
Our team, like many users, has been faced with the turmoil of technical issues, and financial impact.
Fortunately, we believe this incident has been somewhat resolved with the new pricing policy, and we have decided to continue offering AnyPortrait through the Unity Asset Store.
We hope that our decision will give you a sense of stability in your project.
We would like to thank those who showed their concern and support to our team.