Here are some notes I took while going through the "Make a Slime" tutorial here:https://rainyrizzle.github.io/en/GettingStarted.html
(1a) When I click add mesh, if I enter the "Name" in the edit box and do not press enter after typing new name, then click "Change Image" or "Make Mesh". The new name is lost. This problem exists with all edit boxes everywhere in AnyPortrait. Data is lost from an edit box when it loses focus if enter was not pressed. (Another example: If I click on the edit box to enter "min value", then click on the edit box below to enter "max value", the min value is lost). The enter key needs to be pressed…
(1b) When I click "Make new portrait" and enter a name for the new portrait in the edit box I expect pressing enter to accept the name. Instead, pressing enter does nothing. I have to click on the "Make Portrait" button to proceed.
(2) When clicking add mesh, the image defaults to empty. It should default to the last image used.
(3) Here's a mesh...
After "Pivot", the left eye is gone…
Looks like I had a vertex in the left eye, did that cause make polygon to fail?
(4) After baking the Slime, and fixing the material library for URP and scaling bake to 0.001 instead of the default of 0.01, the slime appears in the game view but is very aliased:
Maybe this is expected since he was scaled down to 1/10th of the original size?
(5) When I bake the slime, the gameobject appears behind other gameobjects in my scene. I adjusted the slime Z position and it was good. But re-baking sets the Z-position back to 0 instead of keeping my new value.
(6) It wasn’t immediately clear to me how to save my progress. I thought AnyPortrait maintained its own copy… (I guess baking to the scene is how to save). I deleted the Slime from the scene after baking and re-opened AnyPortrait but could not find the slime anywhere to load. I returned to the scene in Unity and pressed Ctrl-Z to recover the deleted Slime and was able to load him in AnyPortrait.
If I remove the Slime gameobject from the Hierarchy, where is his information stored in the project?
(7) Maybe there should be an Icon Preset for Mouth since speech and lip syncing are something common?
(8) Transform Controller – assigning keys is virtually impossible. First, the user needs to know that the setting for which meshes are visible are hidden behind some color option. And that the color option has nothing to do with color – it is required to select the mesh. The record button does not associate the mesh with the slider position, it just creates a slot for recording the keys…
If a user clicks a Control Parameter while a mesh is selected - that mesh becomes the first key of the slider control. You need to press [X] to delete that invalid key! Delete the bad key and re-record making sure you get a green square next to the meshes belonging to the slider only.
After 2 hours of experiments, I think I figured it out: Add controller. Then remove the bad key. Then move slider to each position and press record. Then select correct meshes and press add keys. Turn on color option to be able to active the meshes. Then go back and for each slider position set the correct meshes. Wow!
(9) Add modifier: Physic --> Physics
(10)Physics material, I selected the “body” mesh but cannot select vertices with mouse (they are all greyed out). I was able to only select 1 then press shift to select the others. It seems there’s something wrong with selecting verticies… I was able to work around the issue using the shift key – this was the only way to get verticies selected.
(11) When making a thumbnail, the file path edit box starts out empty. Should start out with the default path that clicking browse started with. Also, if I’ve created a previous thumbnail, it should remember the last location.
I made my first slime... Yay!